Stockholm, October 1, 2014 – Nasdaq Nordic today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for September 2014:
- The share trading decreased by 2.6% to a daily average of 2.433bn EUR, compared to 2.496bn EUR in September 2013. Compared to the previous month, August 2014, the daily average increased by 19.3 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 35.5 % to a daily average of 420,804 contracts, compared with 652,679 contracts in September 2013.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 16.3% to a daily average of 32.9m EUR compared to 39.2m EUR in September 2013.
- Nokia Oyj was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Nordea Bank AB.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by SEB.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 increased to 71.0%, compared to 70.0% previous month.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares5 increased to 7.4% compared to 7.1% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at Nasdaq Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.8 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.9 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.6 larger
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 93.6 %
- For OMXH25 companies 93.5 %
- For OMXS30 companies 95.7 %
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and Nasdaq. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
5) Nasdaq Nordic offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About Nasdaq Group
Nasdaq (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,400 listed companies with a market value of over $8.5 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. Nasdaq Nordic is not a legal entity but describes the common offering from Nasdaq exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Iceland.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this communication contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Nasdaq cautions readers that any forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking information. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our capital return initiatives. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq’s control. These factors include, but are not limited to, Nasdaq’s ability to implement its strategic initiatives, economic, political and market conditions and fluctuations, government and industry regulation, interest rate risk, U.S. and global competition, and other factors detailed in Nasdaq’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Nasdaq undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
|Media Relations Contact:|
|Christina Malmberg Hägerstrand|
|+46 8 405 65 83|