Stockholm, November 1 2012 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for October 2012:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic decreased by 24.0 % to a daily average of 1.9bn EUR, compared to 2.5bn EUR in October 2011. Compared to the previous month, September 2012, the daily average decreased by 5.0%.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 12.8% to a daily average of 444,184 contracts, compared with 509,262 contracts in October 2011.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 62.2 % to a daily average of 42m EUR compared to 111m EUR in October 2011.
- Volvo was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Nokia.
- Merrill Lynch was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by SEB.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks2 decreased to 67.0 % compared to 68.4 % the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 increased to 10.5 % compared to 10.0 % the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO4 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 89.3 %
- For OMXH25 companies 87.0 %
- For OMXS30 companies 91.0 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
3) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the 25 OBX shares.
4) EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
NASDAQ OMX Media contact:
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.