TRADING STATISTICS NOVEMBER 2015
Stockholm, December 1, 2015 – Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for November 2015:
- The share trading increased by 22.5% to a daily average of 3.050bn EUR, compared to 2.491bn EUR in November 2014. Compared to the previous month, October 2015, the daily average decreased by 1.6 %.
- Derivatives trading increased by 5.1% to a daily average of 450,956 contracts, compared with 429,044 contracts in November 2014.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 15.2% to a daily average of 42.3m EUR compared to 49.9m EUR in November 2014.
- Fingerprint Cards AB was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Novo Nordisk A/S.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks remain unchanged to 68.2%, compared to previous month4.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at Nasdaq Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 2.4 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 2.3 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.1 larger
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO5 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 94.2%
- For OMXH25 companies 90.5%
- For OMXS30 companies 94.7%
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and Nasdaq. Included are the main European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
5) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About Nasdaq Group
Nasdaq (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,600 listed companies with a market value of over $8.8 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. Nasdaq Nordic is not a legal entity but describes the common offering from Nasdaq exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Iceland.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this communication contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Nasdaq cautions readers that any forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking information. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our capital return initiatives. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq’s control. These factors include, but are not limited to, Nasdaq’s ability to implement its strategic initiatives, economic, political and market conditions and fluctuations, government and industry regulation, interest rate risk, U.S. and global competition, and other factors detailed in Nasdaq’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Nasdaq undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
|Media Relations Contact:|
|Christina Malmberg Hägerstrand|
|+46 8 405 65 83|
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.