Stockholm, December 1, 2014 – Nasdaq Nordic today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for November 2014:
- The share trading increased by 17.9% to a daily average of 2.491bn EUR, compared to 2.113bn EUR in November 2013. Compared to the previous month, October 2014, the daily average decreased by 16.2 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 10.9 % to a daily average of 408,607 contracts, compared with 458,372 contracts in November 2013.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) increased by 0.5% to a daily average of 49.9m EUR compared to 49.7m EUR in November 2013.
- Nokia Oyj was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Nordea Bank AB.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed shares4 decreased to 67.2%, compared to 69.1% previous month.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares5 decreased to 5.2% compared to 6.7% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at Nasdaq Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.0 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.1 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.2 larger
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 93.5 %
- For OMXH25 companies 92.6 %
- For OMXS30 companies 95.4 %
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and Nasdaq. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
5) Nasdaq Nordic offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $8.8 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.
Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland, Nasdaq Riga, Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing and Nasdaq Broker Services are respectively brand names for the regulated markets of Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen A/S, Nasdaq OMX Helsinki Ltd., Nasdaq OMX Iceland hf., Nasdaq OMX Riga, AS, Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB, Nasdaq OMX Tallinn AS, AB Nasdaq OMX Vilnius, Nasdaq OMX Clearing AB, Nasdaq OMX Broker Services AB. Nasdaq Nordic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland and Nasdaq Stockholm. Nasdaq Baltic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Riga and Nasdaq Vilnius.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Nasdaq and its products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in Nasdaq's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
|Media Relations Contact:|
|+46 8 405 6639|