Stockholm, June 2 2014 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for May 2014:
- The share trading increased by 19.2 % to a daily average of 2.649bn EUR, compared to 2.223bn EUR in May 2013. Compared to the previous month, April 2014, the daily average decreased by 9.3 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 14.7 % to a daily average of 366,536 contracts, compared with 429,706 contracts in May 2013.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) increased by 28.8% to a daily average of 56.4m EUR compared to 43.8m EUR in May 2013.
- Vestas Windsystems A/S was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Pandora A/S.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Credit Suisse.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 increased to 70.1%, compared to 69.3% previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares5 decreased to 2.9% compared to 4.0% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue. See detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.3 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.6 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.8 larger
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 93.4 %
- For OMXH25 companies 92.0 %
- For OMXS30 companies 95.4 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at: http://www.nasdaqomx.com/transactions/markets/nordic/statistics
1) NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) NASDAQ OMX Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
5) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, NASDAQ OMX enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. NASDAQ OMX is home to more than 3,400 listed companies with a market value of over $8.5 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
NASDAQ OMX Media contact:
+46 (0)8 405 6639
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.