Stockholm, April 1, 2019 – Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for March 2019:
- The share trading decreased by 2.0% to a daily average of 3.065bn EUR, compared to 3.128bn EUR in March 2018. Compared to the previous month, February 2019, the daily average decreased by 0.8%.
- Cleared derivatives volume decreased by 3.6% to a daily average of 486,734 contracts, compared with 504,790 contracts in March 2018.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 9.5% to a daily average of 48.8m EUR compared to 53.9m EUR in March 2018.
- Amer Sports Oyj was the most traded stock per day during the past month, followed by Nordea Bank Abp.
- Nordea Abp was the most active member during the past month, followed by Deutsche Bank AG.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks increased to 68.4%, compared to 66.0% previous month4.
The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at Nasdaq Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC25 companies 2.2 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 1.8 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 1.8 larger
Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO5 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC25 companies 93.3%
- For OMXH25 companies 91.8%
- For OMXS30 companies 92.0%
1. Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm.
2. Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius.
3. ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4. Included are the main European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares. Source: Thomson Reuters.
5. EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 100 marketplaces in 50 countries. Nasdaq is home to over 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $12 trillion. To learn more, visit business.nasdaq.com.
|Media Relations Contact:Erik Granström+46 73 449 78 email@example.com|
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.