Stockholm, April 2 2013 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for March 2013:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic decreased by 2.7 % to a daily average of 2.3bn EUR, compared to 2.4bn EUR in March 2012. Compared to the previous month, February 2013, the daily average decreased by 5.9 %.
- Derivatives trading increased by 25.6 % to a daily average of 669,493 contracts, compared with 533,026 contracts in March 2012.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 50.4 % to a daily average of 43m EUR compared to 86.7m EUR in March 2012.
- Nokia Oyj was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Novo Nordisk A/S.
- Merrill Lynch was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by SEB.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks2 was 66.8%, compared to 65.7% previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 decreased to 9.7 % compared to 10.6 % the previous month.
- The average4 order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX than the second most liquid trading venue. See below detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 2.6 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 2.7 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.0 larger
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO5 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 91.0 %
- For OMXH25 companies 89.3 %
- For OMXS30 companies 92.4 %
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
3) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
4) Time weighted average value of the visible orders at the best bid price and best ask price in the order book.
5) EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 24 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.999% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,400 listed companies worth $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
NASDAQ OMX Media contact:
Carl Norell +46 (8) 405 66 39
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.