Stockholm, July 1, 2014 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for June 2014:
- The share trading decreased by 4.1% to a daily average of 2.251bn EUR, compared to 2.347bn EUR in June 2013. Compared to the previous month, May 2014, the daily average decreased by 15.0 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 30.2 % to a daily average of 386,142 contracts, compared with 553,012 contracts in June 2013.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 16.2% to a daily average of 46.6m EUR compared to 55.6m EUR in June 2013.
- Vestas Wind Systems A/S was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Nokia Oyj.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Credit Suisse.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 decreased to 69.8%, compared to 70.1% previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.3 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 3.6 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.5 larger
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO5 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 93.2 %
- For OMXH25 companies 92.1 %
- For OMXS30 companies 95.1 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at: http://www.nasdaqomx.com/transactions/markets/nordic/statistics
1) NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) NASDAQ OMX Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
5) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
NASDAQ OMX (NASDAQ: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, NASDAQ OMX enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today’s global capital markets. As the creator of the world’s first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. NASDAQ OMX is home to more than 3,400 listed companies with a market value of over $8.5 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. NASDAQ OMX Nordic is not a legal entity but describes the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Iceland. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Information set forth in this communication contains forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. NASDAQ OMX cautions readers that any forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking information. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our capital return initiatives. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX’s control. These factors include, but are not limited to, NASDAQ OMX’s ability to implement its strategic initiatives, economic, political and market conditions and fluctuations, government and industry regulation, interest rate risk, U.S. and global competition, and other factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q which are available on NASDAQ OMX’s website at http://www.nasdaqomx.com and the SEC’s website at www.sec.gov. NASDAQ OMX undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
MEDIA RELATIONS CONTACT:
tel. +46 (0)8 405 6524