Stockholm, July 2 2012 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the highlights for June 2012:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic decreased by 25.8 % to a daily average of 2.0bn EUR, compared to 2.7bn EUR in June 2011. Compared to the previous month, May 2012, the daily average decreased by 8.0 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 6.1 % to a daily average of 500,013 contracts, compared with 532,509 contracts in June 2011.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 1.1 % to a daily average of 65m EUR compared to 66m EUR in June 2011.
- Hennes & Mauritz was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Nokia.
- Merrill Lynch International was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by SEB.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks decreased to 65.5 % compared to 67.8 % the previous month.2
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 decreased to 8.6 % compared to 8.7 % the previous month.
NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO4 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 87.7 %
- For OMXH25 companies 84.4 %
- For OMXS30 companies 90.1 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2)Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included marketplaces are Chi-X, Bats, Turquoise, EuronextArca, Xetra and Burgundy.
3) Currently NASDAQ OMX offers trading in 21 of the 25 OBX shares.
4)EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,500 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit http://www.nasdaqomx.com. Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/nasdaqomx) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
- # -
NASDAQ OMX Media contact:
Carl Norell +46 (8) 405 66 39
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.