Stockholm, August 1 2011 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the highlights for July 2011:
• The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic increased by 10.0 % to a daily average of 2.2 bn EUR, compared to 2.0 bn EUR in July 2010. Compared to June 2011 the daily average decreased by 18.5 %.
• NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks decreased to 71.4 % compared to 73.9 % in June 2011. Foreign marketplaces accounted for 25,2 % of the trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic shares1.
• Derivatives trading decreased by 6.2 % to a daily average of 427,406 contracts, compared with 455,749 contracts in July 2010.
• Ericsson was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Nokia.
• SEB was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Morgan Stanley.
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) Source: Thompson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included marketplaces are Chi-X, Bats, Turquoise, EuronextArca, Xetra and Burgundy.
- # -
About NASDAQ OMX
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,500 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit http://www.nasdaqomx.com. Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/nasdaqomx) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
- # -
NASDAQ OMX Media contacts:
Carl Norell +46 (8) 405 66 39
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.