Stockholm, February 2, 2015 – Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for January 2015:
- The share trading increased by 9.9 % to a daily average of 3.132bn EUR, compared to 2.851bn EUR in January 2014. Compared to the previous month, December 2014, the daily average increased by 22.4 %.
- Derivatives trading increased by 0.2 % to a daily average of 489,565 contracts, compared with 488,625 contracts in January 2014.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 37 % to a daily average of 45.7m EUR compared to 72.4m EUR in January 2014.
- Nordea Bank AB was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Nokia Oyj.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during the past month, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 decreased to 68.1%, compared to 68.9 % previous month.
- The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at Nasdaq Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 2.9 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 2.8 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.5 larger
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO5 (European Best Bid and Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 90.5 %
- For OMXH25 companies 91.2 %
- For OMXS30 companies 94.6 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland and Nasdaq Stockholm.
2) Nasdaq Riga, Nasdaq Tallinn and Nasdaq Vilnius.
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and Nasdaq. Included are the main European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
5) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, regulatory, securities listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of over $9.1 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaq.com/ambition or www.nasdaqomx.com.
Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland, Nasdaq Riga, Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing and Nasdaq Broker Services are respectively brand names for the regulated markets of Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen A/S, Nasdaq OMX Helsinki Ltd., Nasdaq OMX Iceland hf., Nasdaq OMX Riga, AS, Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB, Nasdaq OMX Tallinn AS, AB Nasdaq OMX Vilnius, Nasdaq OMX Clearing AB, Nasdaq OMX Broker Services AB. Nasdaq Nordic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland and Nasdaq Stockholm. Nasdaq Baltic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Riga and Nasdaq Vilnius.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Nasdaq and its products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in Nasdaq's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.