Stockholm, September 3 2012 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for August 2012:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic decreased by 51.5 % to a daily average of 1.6bn EUR, compared to 3.3bn EUR in August 2011. Compared to the previous month, July 2012, the daily average decreased by 4.2 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 34 % to a daily average of 432,172 contracts, compared with 654,391 contracts in August 2011.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 70.4 % to a daily average of 40m EUR compared to 135m EUR in August 2011.
- Nokia was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Novo Nordisk A/S.
- Merrill Lynch International was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Credit Suisse.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks2 increased to 67.4 % compared to 66.1 % the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 decreased to 8.6 % compared to 8.7 % the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO4 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 88.7 %
- For OMXH25 companies 85.1 %
- For OMXS30 companies 91.1 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
3) Currently NASDAQ OMX offers trading in 21 of the 25 OBX shares.
4) EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 24 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.999% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,400 listed companies worth $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Carl Norell +46 (8) 405 66 39
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.