Share trading at NASDAQ OMX Nordic increases by 50 % compared to August 2010
Stockholm, August 1 2011 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the highlights for August 2011:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic increased by 50.0 % to a daily average of 3.3 bn EUR, compared to 2.2 bn EUR in August 2010. Compared to July 2011 the daily average also increased by 50.0 %.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks increased to 72.6 % compared to 71.4 % in July 2011. Foreign marketplaces accounted for 25,0 % of the trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic shares1.
- Derivatives trading increased by 35.7 % to a daily average of 657,148 contracts, compared with 484,233 contracts in August 2010.
- Volvo was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Ericsson.
- SEB was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Credit Suisse.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO2 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
For OMXC20 companies 82 %
For OMXH25 companies 86 %
For OMXS30 companies 80 %
1)Source: Thompson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included marketplaces are Chi-X, Bats, Turquoise, EuronextArca, Xetra and Burgundy.
2)EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
- # -
NASDAQ OMX Media contacts:
Carl Norell +46 (8) 405 6639