Stockholm, May 2 2013 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for April 2013:
• The share trading decreased by 4.2 % to a daily average of 2.4bn EUR, compared to 2.5bn EUR in April 2012. Compared to the previous month, March 2013, the daily average increased by 4.1 %.
• Derivatives trading decreased by 11.6 % to a daily average of 524,919 contracts, compared with 594,106 contracts in April 2012.
• ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 36.6 % to a daily average of 55.6m EUR compared to 87.7m EUR in April 2012.
• Atlas Copco AB was the most traded stock during the past month, followed by Volvo AB
• Merrill Lynch was the most active member during the past month, followed by SEB.
• NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks4 increased to 68.3%, compared to 66.8% previous month.
• NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares5 increased to 10.4 % compared to 9.7 % the previous month.
• The average order book depth on the best price level was larger at NASDAQ OMX Nordic than the second most liquid trading venue, see detailed figures per exchange:
- For OMXC20 companies 3.2 larger
- For OMXH25 companies 2.7 larger
- For OMXS30 companies 2.5 larger
• NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 91.0 %
- For OMXH25 companies 88.9 %
- For OMXS30 companies 93.6 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) NASDAQ OMX Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
4) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
5) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 26 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-55 microsecond speeds with 99.99% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,300 listed companies worth more than $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
NASDAQ OMX Media contact:
Christina Malmberg Hägerstrand +46 (8) 405 6583
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.