Stockholm, May 2 2012 – NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the highlights for April 2012:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic decreased by 1.4 % to a daily average of 2.5bn EUR, compared to 2.6bn EUR in April 2011. Compared to the previous month, March 2012, the daily average increased by 5.8 %.
- Derivatives trading increased by 11.8 % to a daily average of 594,106 contracts, compared with 531,528 contracts in April 2011.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) increased by 68.3 % to a daily average of 88m EUR compared to 52m EUR in April 2011.
- Nokia was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Volvo.
- Merrill Lynch International was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by Credit Suisse Sec.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks decreased to 67.6 % compared to 68.0 % the previous month. Foreign marketplaces accounted for 30.2 % of the trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares2.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 remained at 7.2 % compared to the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO4 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 90,0 %
- For OMXH25 companies 86,7 %
- For OMXS30 companies 89,9 %
For more information, please read the monthly statistics report published at:
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2)Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included marketplaces are Chi-X, Bats, Turquoise, EuronextArca, Xetra and Burgundy.
3) Currently NASDAQ OMX offers trading in 21 of the 25 OBX shares.
4)EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
About NASDAQ OMX
The inventor and transformer of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies with revolutionary technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the US and Europe, we own and operate 24 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 6 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-80 microsecond speeds with 99.999% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 exchanges in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world’s securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to 3,400 listed companies worth $5.1 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.