NEW YORK, June 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ), the single largest U.S. equity exchange by market share, announced five new exchange-traded product (ETP) listings in May, growing the company’s total ETP listings to 264. Three of these new listings include thematic ETFs, which are becoming increasingly popular since they provide immediate access to a basket of securities tracking a current trend.
“We still have three weeks in June to close out the quarter, but have already tied and will soon surpass the total number of ETP listings and switches Nasdaq achieved in the first quarter,” said Jeff McCarthy, Vice President and Head of ETP Listings at Nasdaq. “We also reached an important milestone last week to begin June and welcomed the first ETF from State Street Global Advisors (DWFI) – whose index is owned and was developed by Dorsey, Wright & Associates, a Nasdaq company – to list on Nasdaq.”
Nasdaq ETP Listing Highlights in May:
Nasdaq was selected as the exchange of choice for five new ETF launches:
- First Trust launched an actively managed fund that invests primarily in exchange-listed commodity futures contracts through a wholly-owned subsidiary of the fund; the fund began trading May 19, 2016:
- First Trust Alternative Absolute Return Strategy ETF (Nasdaq:FAAR)
- BullMark launched a high-quality dividend paying stock ETF that focuses on emerging Latin American companies; the ETF began trading May 18, 2016:
- BullMark LatAm Select Leaders ETF (Nasdaq:BMLA)
- Global X launched a longevity focused ETF and a health & wellness ETF; both of which fall within the firm’s Thematic - People fund suite and seek to benefit from changing demographics and consumer behaviors; trading began for both May 10, 2016:
- Global X Longevity Thematic ETF (Nasdaq:LNGR)
- Global X Health & Wellness Thematic ETF (Nasdaq:BFIT)
- Global X also launched the Global X Millennials Thematic ETF (Nasdaq:MILN), which focuses on investing in companies poised to benefit from the growing spending power of the US millennial generation; trading began May 5, 2016.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,700 listed companies with a market value of approximately $9.6 trillion and nearly 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Nasdaq and its products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in Nasdaq's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice from Nasdaq or its subsidiaries (collectively, “Nasdaq”), either on behalf of a particular financial product or an overall investment strategy. Nasdaq makes no recommendation to buy or sell any financial product or any representation about the financial condition of any company or fund. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate financial products before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.