ADVISORY, Feb. 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Leading companies will visit the NASDAQ MarketSite in New York City's Times Square to celebrate 40 years of innovation at The NASDAQ Stock Market and ring the Opening Bell.
In honor of the occasion, Bob Greifeld, Chief Executive Officer of NASDAQ OMX; and Bruce Aust, Executive Vice President of Global Corporate Client Group at NASDAQ OMX, will host thought leaders and NASDAQ-listed companies from the idea-first world of business.
They will be joined by New York City Council Member James Sanders, Jr., current member and former Chair of the Economic Development Committee.
Michael Lynche, also known as "Big Mike" from 'American Idol' season 9, will sing "Happy Birthday" at the bell ceremony.
Robert Safian, Editor and Managing Director of Fast Company will interview NASDAQ OMX CEO Bob Greifeld after the bell ceremony where representatives of NASDAQ-listed companies will contribute questions of their own. The interview will be published on the Fast Company homepage:
- Albert Eilender, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Aceto Corporation (ACET)
- Vincent Miata, Chief Operating Officer, President and Director of Aceto Corporation (ACET)
- Douglas Roth, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary of Aceto Corporation (ACET)
- Donald Watson, Executive Vice President of Arch Capital (ACGL)
- J. Ward McConnell, Executive Chairman of Art's Way Manufacturing (ARTW)
- Marc McConnell, Executive Vice Chairman of Art's Way Manufacturing (ARTW)
- Emile Battat, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Atrion Corporation (ATRI)
- David Battat, Chief Operating Officer and President of Atrion Corporation (ATRI)
- Mr. Xin Zhe Li, Chief Financial Officer of Baidu (BIDU)
- Anthony Romano, Chief Operating Officer of Charming Shoppes (CHRS)
- Eric Specter, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Charming Shoppes (CHRS)
- Colin Stern, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Charming Shoppes (CHRS)
- Mitchell Binder, Executive Vice President, Director and Active Chief Executive Officer of Orbit International (ORBT)
- Bruce Reissman, Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Orbit International (ORBT)
- Allen F. "Pete" Grum, President and Chief Executive Officer of Rand Capital Corporation (RAND)
- Dan Penberthy, Executive Vice President of Rand Capital Corporation (RAND)
- Patrick O'Malley, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Seagate Technology (STX)
NASDAQ MarketSite – 4 Times Square – 43rd & Broadway – Broadcast Studio
Tuesday, February 8th, 2011 at 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET
The Opening Bell is available from 9:20 a.m. to 9:35 a.m. on AMC3 / C22, 87 degrees West, downlink frequency 4140 vertical. The feed can also be found on Ascent fiber 1623. If you have any questions, please contact Robert Madden at (646) 441-5045.
An audio transmission of the Opening Bell is also available from 9:20 a.m. to 9:35 a.m. on uplink IA6 C band / transponder 24, downlink frequency 4180 horizontal. The feed can be found on Ascent fiber 1623 as well.
Facebook and Twitter:
For multimedia features such as exclusive content, photo postings, status updates and video of bell ceremonies please visit our Facebook page at:
For news tweets, please visit our Twitter page at:
A live webcast of the NASDAQ Opening Bell will be available at: http://www.nasdaq.com/about/marketsitetowervideo.asx
To obtain a hi-resolution photograph of the Market Open, please go to http://www.nasdaq.com/reference/marketsite_events.stm and click on the market open of your choice.
About NASDAQ OMX:
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with approximately 3,600 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit http://www.nasdaqomx.com. Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/nasdaqomx) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx).