NEW YORK, May 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today upgraded the Microsoft® Windows® 8 Edition of Directors Desk, the industry-leading managed communication portal for corporate boards. Directors Desk is currently the only board portal offering a Windows 8® application. These upgrades include several design and feature enhancements to significantly improve the usability of the application for board members and other corporate clients.
"This upgrade is a significant milestone in advancing NASDAQ OMX's mobile presence via our Directors Desk solution," said Demetrios Skalkotos, Senior Vice President, Corporate Solutions, NASDAQ OMX. "With over 900 boards and 25,000 users world-wide operating on our Directors Desk platform, we are truly the global leaders in the board portal space. This upgrade underscores our commitment to deliver the finest product in the industry."
The Microsoft® Windows® 8 Edition of Directors Desk was redesigned to improve usability and overall user experience. Specific upgrades include:
- Redesigned to improve usability and overall user experience
- User photo displayed with user name on dashboard
- Symantec Zoom available for quick desktop navigation
- Action Items Hub to quickly see Votes, New & Updated Meetings, as well as Unread Messages
- Meetings Hub displays upcoming meetings and events
- Meetings Page offers a filtered view of past and future meetings
- Meeting Details Page displays meeting details, location map, meeting materials, and roster with quick Secure Email links to streamline communication
- Documents Hub displays downloaded documents with color and icon elements to quickly determine media type
- Documents Page offers a filtered view of documents by media type
- Search screen offers a filtered view of available documents by media type
- Contacts Hub provides roster contact information and messaging links
- Secure Email Hub shows the most recent emails in your inbox
- Secure Email center allows users to view as well as compose messages using Directors Desk Secure Email functionality
- Multi-platform registration now supported for directors who need to access board material on multiple platforms (US, EU, Asia)
- Directors Desk Secure email is now available
- Note and Annotation shuttling: support to shuttle notes and annotations made on within the Directors Desk Windows 8 Edition application to the newest compiled iteration of meeting materials
- Support for Portrait mode
- In-Document search supported with navigable results list
- Upper navigation bar for quick navigation through application available on all screens except document reader
- Introduction of Done button on annotation toolbar to improve workflow
- Introduction of Undo button on annotation toolbar to improve workflow
- Auto download of meeting materials is now configurable with options to download 14 or 30 days ahead as well as an option to disable
- TOC / Notes / Find panel in reader relocated to optimize usability
- Support for links in Meeting Details or Call-In Details
- Search screen allows for the multi-selection of files for download
- Search screen displays indicator of whether files have already been downloaded
- Documents screen allows for the multi-selection of files for quick deletion
- Contacts screen allows for multi-selection of contacts for quick Secure Email recipient list creation
For more information on Directors Desk, please visit: http://www.directorsdesk.com/
About NASDAQ OMX:
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 26 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.99% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,400 listed companies worth $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Directors Desk and NASDAQ OMX's other products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Directors Desk is a registered trademark or trademark of The NASDAQ OMX Group in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contact: Ryan Wells (212) 231-5541 (office) (646) 581-4286 (mobile) Ryan.Wells@NASDAQOMX.com
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.