NEW YORK, May 20, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ), the world's leading provider of market technology, today announced the launch of a new business intelligence solution for capital market operators around the globe, MiQ.
MiQ provides exchanges, clearinghouses, central security depositories (CSDs), and other financial market operators a centralized data management solution tailor-made for supporting the trade lifecycle, reducing the challenges associated with data volumes, processing, storing and retrieval, and speed of extraction. In its first version, developed in partnership with Datawatch (Nasdaq:DWCH), a leading global provider of visual data discovery software, MiQ allows organizations to better visualize cross-system data dynamically as their markets evolve to gain true value and real-time insight.
"The launch of MiQ will significantly improve how market operators effectively and strategically manage and analyze their data," said Lars Ottersgård, Senior Vice President, Market Technology, NASDAQ OMX. "Enabling organizations to be more informed through better data intelligence taken across the entire trade life cycle will help drive liquidity and market share, grow revenues, enhance client services and stay ahead of competition. We are proud to bring this offering to the marketplace."
Key benefits of MiQ include:
- Derive new value from data, faster: Batch-driven and historical updates frequencies have been surpassed by real-time needs. When multiple sources are joined together in one context then real new insights can be derived. MiQ enables the real-time analysis that is critical to analyzing metrics affecting performance, uncovering new information to dynamically act upon.
- Develop a deeper understanding of your business: Through intuitive pre-defined dashboards and reports MiQ helps identify attributes and trends affecting everything from liquidity to market share in a snapshot, so firms can act on information to stay relevant, competitive and profitable.
- Manage and master the two-way flow of information to improve customer relationships: By exploring client-specific information over a specific time horizon, sales and account management teams can improve customer relationships, creating proactive and productive discussions with customers to help them better their businesses.
- Generate new revenue streams and monetize the data already consumed: By analyzing market information, firms can better determine gaps in current offerings and areas trending successfully to help drive new offerings for members, or provide better information back to members and listings.
- Make more informed decisions: Using MiQ's deep insight, management teams can take more thoughtful approach in everything from introducing new products to managing potentially problematic crisis to act quickly, effectively and intelligently.
- Reduce the cost and complexity of managing data: Leveraging a centralized master database infrastructure, decrease the number of connections between systems to improve efficiency, Quality Assurance (QA) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Leverage a purpose-built data management solution: Tailored specifically for the exchange industry based upon NASDAQ OMX's 20+ years providing technology and advisory to operators globally, organizations can be assured that MiQ has been configured and developed with them in mind, reducing the number or workarounds needed with alternative systems.
NASDAQ OMX's exchange technology, including trading, clearing, CSD and market surveillance systems, is in operation in over 80 marketplaces across USA, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and Middle East. Our global technology solutions are used by over 10,000 customers in 60 countries.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
NASDAQ OMX (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, NASDAQ OMX enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. NASDAQ OMX is home to more than 3,300 listed companies with a market value of over $8 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's Market Technology business and other businesses, products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Relations Contact: Ryan Wells firstname.lastname@example.org (email) +1 (212) 231-5541 (office) +1 (646) 581-4286 (mobile)
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.