NEW YORK, April 19, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) has expanded its suite of services with NASDAQ OMX Interactive Media Solutions, competitively priced live video webcasting and professionally produced video offerings for the investor relations, corporate communications, human resources, event planning, and public relations communities.
"Video is the new exclamation point for successful public relations, HR, and investor relations communications," said Demetrios N. Skalkotos, Senior Vice President of Global Corporate Solutions, NASDAQ OMX. "Video is a powerful, innovative communications medium which captures energy and emotion unlike traditional methods such as print and basic audio webcasting. The increased bandwidth of the Web paired with the unsurpassed advantages of video communications creates the perfect opportunity for forward-thinking companies to integrate video into their communications strategies."
NASDAQ OMX Live Video Solutions offers secure, highly interactive, live and archived video webcasting for earnings calls, full-day analyst conferences, Annual Shareholder Meetings, press conferences, product launches, and virtual internal meetings such as Town Halls, training seminars, and conference events. The capabilities of NASDAQ OMX Live Video Solutions video webcasting include:
- Live HD quality audio and video webcasting on-location, at alternative locations, or at NASDAQ MarketSite in the heart of Times Square;
- Transcription services;
- Interactive Q&A capabilities;
- Company branded interface including online registration, agenda, biographies, and event logistics;
- One year archive functionality;
- Attendance tracking;
- RSS and Podcast capabilities;
- Flexible event interface;
- Ability to adjust to last-minute scheduling changes;
- Pre-event planning and testing;
- Expert onsite NASDAQ OMX production crew; and
- In-house multimedia production and editing.
Among the many benefits of NASDAQ OMX Live Video Solutions, the webcasting of conference calls and investor meetings can mitigate full disclosure risk and demonstrate transparency, while providing flexibility for on-demand viewing. In addition, attendance after an event can be even greater than attendance the day of an event via replays.
The formats available for a NASDAQ OMX Produced Video Solutions are CEO Signature Series, Video Annual Reports, Vignettes and Corporate Profiles.
- The CEO Signature Series allows companies to connect with the investment community through a high-profile interview hosted at the NASDAQ MarketSite's state-of-the-art studio. The service offers distribution via company websites, NASDAQ.com, or NASDAQ Online with the potential to reach 4,000+ websites, 1.4 million+ financial desktops, 6,000+ news outlets, and 20,000 institutional viewers.
- Video Annual Reports bring corporate and financial messages to life for both institutional and retail investors, while saving on printing and mailing costs, going "green", and reaching a broader audience.
- Ninety-second Vignettes or three-to-four minute Profiles include options for shooting on remote location, using stock music soundtrack and b-roll footage, content development expertise, and graphics. Corporate Vignettes and Profiles can be embedded into social media, shareholder communications, Dynamic Annual Reports, corporate websites and IR pages, press releases, sales presentations, recruitment collateral, road shows, and consumer education programs.
NASDAQ OMX announced that its produced video solution service will be engineered by ICR, a leading global financial communications consulting firm specializing in investor relations and corporate communications.
"ICR is pleased to partner with NASDAQ OMX to deliver sophisticated, tailored video production with numerous benefits to meet clients' needs," said Timothy Carey, Managing Director, Digital Media, ICR.
The NASDAQ OMX Interactive Media Solutions is one of many services that NASDAQ OMX offers the investor relations, communications and governance industries. For more information, please visit: http://www.shareholder.com/interactivemedia.
About NASDAQ OMX
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with over 3,700 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX First North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit http://www.nasdaqomx.com. *Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/NASDAQ-OMX/108167527653) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx).
ICR is a leading financial communications firm specializing in investor relations, corporate communications, and digital media. Established in 1998, ICR represents more than 230 companies and has significant industry expertise and relationships in retail, apparel, footwear, gaming, lodging, transportation, restaurants, software, IT infrastructure, telco, energy, aerospace & defense, real estate and REITs, biopharmaceuticals, medical technology and pharmaceutical services, and automotive parts & services. ICR maintains offices in Westport, Conn., New York, Los Angeles, Boston and Beijing and has been one of the industry's fastest growing consultancies over the past decade. www.icrinc.com.
CONTACT: The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. Media Contacts: Marisha Chinsky +1.646.441.5258 Marisha.Chinsky@nasdaqomx.com Jolene Libretto +1.646.441.5220 Jolene.Libretto@nasdaqomx.com
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.