ADVISORY, Sept. 10, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
In remembrance of September 11, 2001, the Post 911 Foundation and organizations supported in part by BGC Partners, Inc. (Nasdaq:BGCP) and Cantor Fitzgerald's annual 9/11 Charity Days, visit the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square to officially ring the NASDAQ Stock Market Closing Bell. Among the bell ringers will be:
- Edie Lutnick, Executive Director, The Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund and Author, An Unbroken Bond
- Jason McGruder and Ben Goldman, BGC Partners, Inc.
- Richard Miller, Founder, Post 911 Foundation
- Detective Charles Wassil, Retired NYPD first responder
- Lt. Paul Rogers, 27-year veteran, FDNY, Detective Sergeant, Raymond Dilena, 32-veteran, FDNY and still active Port Authority Police Officer
- Bill Bratton, former Commissioner of the NYPD
- Carolyn Paszke and Andy Pujol, Building Homes for Heroes, Inc.
- George Siller, Stephen Siller Tunnel To Towers Foundation
- Michael Carrasquillo and Ed Afandor, Wounded Warrior Project
- Kathleen McCarthy and Charles Vitcher, New York Says Thank You
- Kurt Wolfgruber and Bob Fischer, Voices of 9/11
- Jolie Gabler, The Fred Gabler Helping Hand Camp
- Employees of BGC and Cantor who worked at the firms on or before 9/11/2001.
To find out more about these charities as well as others expected to benefit from money raised at BGC's and Cantor's annual 9-11 Charity Days, please visit http://www.bgcpartners.com/about-us/charity/ and http://www.cantor.com/CD/charity_day_2012.
NASDAQ MarketSite – 4 Times Square – 43rd & Broadway – Broadcast Studio
Tuesday, September 11th, 2012 – 3:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
NASDAQ MarketSite Contact:
Fiber Line (Encompass Waterfront): 4463
Gal 3C/06C 95.05 degrees West
18 mhz Lower
DL 3811 Vertical
Facebook and Twitter:
For multimedia features such as exclusive content, photo postings, status updates and video of bell ceremonies please visit our Facebook page at:
For news tweets, please visit our Twitter page at:
A live webcast of the NASDAQ Closing Bell will be available at:
To obtain a hi-resolution photograph of the Market Close, please go to http://www.nasdaq.com/reference/marketsite_events.stm and click on the market close of your choice.
About Post 911 Foundation:
The morning after the attacks of September 11th, Detective Richard J. Miller of the NYPD Emergency Service Unit, decided to raise an American Flag over "ground zero" to honor his fallen comrades, still missing in the rubble. With the help of other first responders, the former Marine raised the first flag in the frozen zone, off the fallen antenna from the north tower of the World Trade Center. Inspired by his missing friend and fellow officer, Sgt. Mike Curtain, Detective Miller wanted his missing ESU friends (who together represent every branch of the Military) to see the flag when they were rescued. Although, all 14 members of his unit were ultimately lost, his motivation and initiative in that moment inspired all those First Responders around him and continues on today through the Post 911 Foundation.
About NASDAQ OMX:
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 24 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.999% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to approximately 3,400 listed companies worth $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)