NEW YORK, July 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.SM (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. Boards. Directors serve a one year term.
The name and title of directors appointed to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. are highlighted below.
- Stephen D. Barrett, Managing Partner of Barrett Associates
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- John A. Fry, President, Drexel University
- Merit E. Janow, Professor, Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer, American Century Companies, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors
- Douglas Melamed, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Eric W. Noll, Executive Vice President, Transaction Services, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
The following director has been elected to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC and NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC.
- Daniel Bigelow President and Managing Partner, Monadnock Capital Management L.P.
The following directors have been elected to the Board of NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc.
- Brent Hippert, President & CFO, Hardcastle Trading USA LLC and Managing Principal of Brokerage Consulting Services
- Arthur R. Hogan, III, Managing Director, Lazard Capital Markets and Head of Product Strategy
- Robert P. Mazzarella, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pyxis Mobile.
- Bruce K. Newell, retired Managing Director, Pershing Division of the Bank of New York.
- William J. Shea, Executive Chairman, Lucid, Inc.
About NASDAQ OMX
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. is the world's largest exchange company. It delivers trading, exchange technology and public company services across six continents, with more than 3,500 listed companies. NASDAQ OMX offers multiple capital raising solutions to companies around the globe, including its U.S. listings market, NASDAQ OMX Nordic, NASDAQ OMX Baltic, NASDAQ OMX first North, and the U.S. 144A sector. The company offers trading across multiple asset classes including equities, derivatives, debt, commodities, structured products and exchange-traded funds. NASDAQ OMX technology supports the operations of over 70 exchanges, clearing organizations and central securities depositories in more than 50 countries. NASDAQ OMX Nordic and NASDAQ OMX Baltic are not legal entities but describe the common offering from NASDAQ OMX exchanges in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Iceland, Tallinn, Riga, and Vilnius. For more information about NASDAQ OMX, visit http://www.nasdaqomx.com. *Please follow NASDAQ OMX on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/NASDAQ-OMX/108167527653) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein may contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ OMX's products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to, factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: NASDAQ OMX Media Contact Robert Madden +1.646.441.5045 Robert.Madden@NASDAQOMX.com