On March 27, 2014, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (“NASDAQ OMX”) filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) the following materials relating to its 2014 annual meeting of stockholders: (i) a definitive proxy statement and (ii) a notice regarding the availability of proxy materials.
The annual meeting will be held at NASDAQ OMX’s offices located at Tullvaktsvägen 15, 115 56 Stockholm, Sweden, on May 7, 2014, at 4:00 p.m. (CEST). Alternately, stockholders may join the meeting by live videoconference from NASDAQ MarketSite, Four Times Square, New York, New York 10036, at 10:00 a.m. (EDT). NASDAQ OMX also will offer a live webcast of the annual meeting on its website at http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/events.cfm.
The annual meeting will be held for the following purposes, all as described in the proxy statement:
- to elect 11 directors for a one-year term;
- to ratify the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as NASDAQ OMX’s independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2014;
- to approve the company’s executive compensation on an advisory basis;
- to approve the NASDAQ OMX Equity Incentive Plan, as amended and restated;
- to approve an amendment of NASDAQ OMX’s Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation to conform a provision to an analogous provision in NASDAQ OMX’s By-Laws; and
- to transact such other business as may properly come before the annual meeting or any adjournment or postponement of the meeting.
The record date for the annual meeting is March 17, 2014, and information regarding the annual meeting procedures is available in the proxy statement.
Materials relating to the annual meeting can be accessed at NASDAQ OMX's website at http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/annuals.cfm. The proxy statement and notice also are available on NASDAQ OMX's website at http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/sec.cfm and on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov.