NEW YORK, June 23, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nasdaq, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of nine directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ BX, Inc. Boards; the election of Thomas A. Kloet as Chairman of the Boards and the retirement of three directors. Directors serve a one-year term.
The name and title of directors appointed to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ PHLX LLC and NASDAQ BX, Inc. are highlighted below:
- Daniel C. Bigelow, President and Managing Partner of Monadnock Capital Management L.P.
- Virgis W. Colbert, Senior Advisor, MillerCoors
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- David J. Frear, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
- Hans-Ole Jochumsen, President, Nasdaq, Inc.
- Thomas A. Kloet, retired CEO and Executive Director, TMX Group, Limited. Chairman Kloet also serves on the Nasdaq, Inc. Board.
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer of American Century Companies, Inc.
- A. Douglas Melamed, Professor in the Practice of Law, Stanford Law School
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
Additionally, the Nasdaq leadership team extends its sincere gratitude to three directors retiring from our subsidiary boards
- Merit E. Janow, Dean, Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs, and well known for her deep knowledge of international markets, antitrust law, mergers and trade, chaired The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC Board for eight years, and served three years on the board of Nasdaq, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors, served for 20 years on the board of Nasdaq, Inc. Additionally, he Chaired the Audit committee for 15 years and served 11 years as a director of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC.
- Leonard J. Amoruso, Partner/Shareholder, Murphy & McGonigle, served three years as a director of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ PHLX LLC and NASDAQ BX, Inc. Subsidiary Boards
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to 3,700 listed companies with a market value of $9.3 trillion and over 17,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.