NEW YORK, July 02, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of eleven directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. Boards. Directors serve a one-year term.
The name and title of directors appointed to the Board of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. are highlighted below:
- Leonard J. Amoruso, Partner/Shareholder, Murphy & McGonigle
- Daniel Bigelow, President and Managing Partner of Monadnock Capital Management L.P.
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- David J. Frear, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
- Merit E. Janow, Dean, Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs
- Hans-Ole Jochumsen, President, Nasdaq
- Thomas A. Kloet, retired CEO and Executive Director, TMX Group, Limited
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer of American Century Companies, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors
- A. Douglas Melamed, Herman Phleger Visiting Professor of Law, Stanford Law School
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,500 listed companies with a market value of approximately $9.5 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.