NEW YORK, Dec. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ Stock Market today announced that it will host its 3rd annual "Fit Week" to promote healthy living in the New Year. Between Thursday, January 2 and Thursday, January 9, 2014, companies dedicated to healthy living and active lifestyles will ring the Opening and Closing Bells at the NASDAQ MarketSite in Times Square.
Participating companies include:
- Nutrisystem Inc [NTRI], a leading provider of weight management products and services;
- Steiner Leisure Limited [STNR], a global premier provider of spa products and services, and its subsidiary Bliss;
- Jamba Juice Company [JMBA], a leading healthy, active lifestyle brand offering specialty beverage and food items;
- Sprouts Farmers Market, Inc. [SFM], a specialty retailer of fresh, natural and organic foods at great prices;
- Town Sports International Holdings, Inc. [CLUB], a leading owner and operator of fitness clubs in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions of the United States;
- Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc. [BAGL], America's fresh-baked bagel leader and fast casual restaurant company that operates, franchises and licenses locations under the Einstein Bros.® Bagels, Noah's New York Bagels® and Manhattan Bagel® brands;
- Chobani, Inc., maker of America's No.-1 selling Greek Yogurt brand made with only natural ingredients
- KIND Healthy Snacks, the brand known for delicious, all natural snacks made from ingredients you can see and pronounce ®
In addition to ringing the Opening or Closing Bell during "Fit Week", participating companies will be featured on NASDAQ's Facebook and Twitter pages where they will provide customized tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in 2014.
To find photos from NASDAQ "Fit Week" 2013 and for upcoming photos from "Fit Week" 2014, please visit: http://www.nasdaq.com/marketsite/campaigns/fitweek.html
About NASDAQ OMX Group:
NASDAQ OMX (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, exchange technology, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, NASDAQ OMX enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 80 marketplaces in 50 countries, and approximately 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. NASDAQ OMX is home to more than 3,300 listed companies with a market value of over $7 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com.
The information contained above is provided for informational and educational purposes only, and nothing contained herein should be construed as investment advice, either on behalf of a particular security or an overall investment strategy. Neither The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. nor any of its affiliates makes any recommendation to buy or sell any security or any representation about the financial condition of any company. Statements regarding NASDAQ-listed companies are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investors should undertake their own due diligence and carefully evaluate companies before investing. ADVICE FROM A SECURITIES PROFESSIONAL IS STRONGLY ADVISED.
CONTACT: NASDAQ Media Contact: Christine Barna (646) 441-5310 Christine.Barna@nasdaqomx.com
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.