NEW YORK, Oct. 7, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today announced a new global initiative under the acronym, POINT (Perspectives, Opportunities and Insights on the Next Threat). The quarterly corporate-focused series will take a best practices approach to identifying the coming corporate threats and how companies and their boards can prepare for and find opportunities in these potential threats to their business.
To coincide with October's U.S. National Cyber Security Awareness Month, cyber security will be the inaugural topic in the Nasdaq POINT Series. Other planned topics in the series will include activism, M&A, intellectual property protection, global talent wars, among others. The Nasdaq POINT Series will be delivered through engaging webinars, white papers and in-person events – and will include subject matter experts and other luminaries to share up-to-date information and recommendations.
"The greatest threats to businesses are those that the companies are unprepared to address," said Adena Friedman, President, Nasdaq. "By creating POINT, Nasdaq is demonstrating a commitment to our clients by looking around corners at the approaching threats to their business, and sharing best practices that are imperative to running a successful regional or global enterprise."
As part of the POINT initiative's initial focus on cyber security, Nasdaq will be conducting a variety of activities throughout October and Q4 including:
- An independent research report with Tanium on the challenges facing board of directors and executive teams around cybersecurity awareness and readiness, questions to be asked of executive teams, and actionable guidance on how to have a meaningful board level dialogue around security posture and risk;
- Corporate Solutions fire side chat client video with Nasdaq CISO Lou Modano on cyber security challenges and management for corporates;
- October 21 - hosting National Cyber Security Alliance's annual cyber day at MarketSite, including Closing Bell ceremony, press conference and luncheon. This year's theme is "Challenges and Opportunities to Securing the Internet of Things."
- October 26 - CIO Thought Leadership Forum on Cyber Security at MarketSite, hosted by Nasdaq CIO Brad Peterson;
- October 29 - Directors Desk will host a live panel discussion from Nasdaq global headquarters for boards and corporate secretaries, "Cybersecurity – What Board Members Need to Know."
"There is absolutely no disputing that cyber security is easily among the top five issues that are front and center on the minds of every C-level executive running a company," said Lou Modano, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer. "Our goal with POINT is to aggregate and share our knowledge and best practices beyond Nasdaq to positively impact how the capital markets ecosystem advances their cyber security efforts."
More information about the POINT series including access to events will be made available at: business.nasdaq.com.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq:NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 70 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,600 listed companies with a market value of approximately $9.6 trillion and more than 10,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com.
CONTACT: Media Contacts For Nasdaq: Linda Recupero (firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-347-978-2911) Ryan Wells (email@example.com or +44 (0) 7809 596 390)
In This StoryNDAQ
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.