Stockholm, January 2, 2018 – Nasdaq Nordic today publishes annual trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the trade statistics for 2017:
- The share trading increased by 8.6 % to a daily average of 3.126bn EUR, compared to 2.877bn EUR in 2016.
- The average number of trades per business day increased by 15.4 % to 527,966 as compared to 457,627 in 2016.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 6.6 % to a daily average of 424,307 contracts, compared with 454,399 contracts in 2016.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 34.3 % to a daily average of 28.8m EUR compared to 43.9m EUR in 2016.
- 1184 companies listed at Nasdaq Nordic and Baltics markets during 2017 (374 at Nasdaq Nordic main market and 81 at First North) compared to 974 in 2016.
- Novo Nordisk A/S was the most traded stock during 2017, followed by Hennes & Mauritz AB, HM.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during 2017, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks increased to 67.5 %, compared to 62.5 % in 20165.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) during 2017 was:
- For OMXC20 companies 96.9 %
- For OMXH25 companies 96.0 %
- For OMXS30 companies 98.1 %
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Includes switches from First North.
5) Source: Thomson Reuters. Included are main European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading global provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 90 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to approximately 3,900 total listings with a market value of approximately $12 trillion. To learn more, visit: http://business.nasdaq.com
Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland, Nasdaq Riga, Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing and Nasdaq Broker Services are respectively brand names for the regulated markets of Nasdaq Copenhagen A/S, Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd., Nasdaq Iceland hf., Nasdaq Riga, AS, Nasdaq Stockholm AB, Nasdaq Tallinn AS, AB Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing AB and Nasdaq Broker Services AB. Nasdaq Nordic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland and Nasdaq Stockholm. Nasdaq Baltic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Riga and Nasdaq Vilnius.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Nasdaq and its products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in Nasdaq's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Media Relations Contact
+46 73 449 78 07
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.