Stockholm, January 2, 2017 – Nasdaq Nordic today publishes annual trade statistics for the Nordic1 and Baltic2 markets. Below follows a summary of the trade statistics for 2016:
- The share trading decreased by 8.2 % to a daily average of 2.869bn EUR, compared to 3.124bn EUR in 2015.
- The average number of trades per business day increased by 5.4 % to 454,074 as compared to 430,917 in 2015.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 5.4 % to a daily average of 449,822 contracts, compared with 475,545 contracts in 2015.
- ETF trading3 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 13.8 % to a daily average of 43.9m EUR compared to 51.0m EUR in 2015.
- 974 companies listed at Nasdaq Nordic and Baltics markets during 2016 (344 at Nasdaq Nordic main market and 63 at First North) compared to 1004 in 2015.
- Novo Nordisk A/S was the most traded stock during 2016, followed by Nokia Oyj.
- Deutsche Bank was the most active member during 2016, followed by Morgan Stanley.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks decreased to 63.4 %, compared to 68.3 % in 20155.
- Nasdaq Nordic’s average time at EBBO6 (European Best Bid and Offer) during 2016 was:
- For OMXC20 companies 92.4 %
- For OMXH25 companies 91.2 %
- For OMXS30 companies 94.1 %
1) Nasdaq Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm
2) Nasdaq Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius
3) ETF trading figure encompasses Nasdaq Stockholm and Nasdaq Helsinki.
4) Includes switches from First North.
5) Source: Thomson Reuters and Nasdaq. Included are main European marketplaces that offer trading in Nasdaq Nordic listed shares.
6) EBBO (European Best Bid and Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.
Nasdaq (Nasdaq: NDAQ) is a leading provider of trading, clearing, exchange technology, listing, information and public company services across six continents. Through its diverse portfolio of solutions, Nasdaq enables customers to plan, optimize and execute their business vision with confidence, using proven technologies that provide transparency and insight for navigating today's global capital markets. As the creator of the world's first electronic stock market, its technology powers more than 85 marketplaces in 50 countries, and 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Nasdaq is home to more than 3,700 listed companies with a market value of $10.0 trillion and approximately 18,000 corporate clients. To learn more, visit: nasdaq.com/ambition or business.nasdaq.com
Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland, Nasdaq Riga, Nasdaq Stockholm, Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing and Nasdaq Broker Services are respectively brand names for the regulated markets of Nasdaq Copenhagen A/S, Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd., Nasdaq Iceland hf., Nasdaq Riga, AS, Nasdaq Stockholm AB, Nasdaq Tallinn AS, AB Nasdaq Vilnius, Nasdaq Clearing AB and Nasdaq Broker Services AB. Nasdaq Nordic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Copenhagen, Nasdaq Helsinki, Nasdaq Iceland and Nasdaq Stockholm. Nasdaq Baltic represents the common offering by Nasdaq Tallinn, Nasdaq Riga and Nasdaq Vilnius.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about Nasdaq and its products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond Nasdaq's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in Nasdaq's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Media Relations Contact
+46 73 449 78 07
Nasdaq Press Center
Read the latest press releases, request a press kit, and get in touch with our press team.