Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
We were incorporated as an Argentine limited liability corporation (sociedad anónima) on February 20, 1945 with duration of 99 years, until June 30, 2044, under the name Frigorífico La Pampa S.A. In 2003, we suspended our former business activities, which were limited to the ownership and operation of a cold storage warehouse building. In 2005, Messrs. Damián Mindlin, Gustavo Mariani and Ricardo Torres acquired a controlling stake in us. Following this acquisition, we changed our name to Pampa Holding S.A. As a result of the acquisitions we have made since 2006, we are currently the largest fully integrated electricity company in Argentina and, through our subsidiaries and co-controlled companies, we engage in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Argentina. We changed our name again to Pampa Energía S.A. in September 2008. We operate our electricity businesses in a highly regulated environment. ... More ...