Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
Luby’s, Inc. (formerly, Luby’s Cafeterias, Inc.) was founded in 1947 in San Antonio, Texas. The Company was originally incorporated in Texas in 1959, with nine cafeterias in various locations, under the name Cafeterias, Inc. It became a publicly held corporation in 1973, then changed its name in 1981 to Luby’s Cafeterias, Inc. and became listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1982. Luby’s, Inc. was reincorporated in Delaware on December 31, 1991 and was restructured into a holding company on February 1, 1997, at which time all of the operating assets were transferred to Luby’s Restaurants Limited Partnership, a Texas limited partnership composed of two wholly owned, indirect subsidiaries. On July 9, 2010, Luby’s Restaurants Limited Partnership was converted into Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“LFR”). All restaurant operations are conducted by LFR. ... More ...