Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
A. History and Development of Kyocera Corporation and its Consolidated Subsidiaries Kyocera Corporation is a joint stock corporation incorporated under the laws of Japan in 1959 with the name Kyoto Ceramic Kabushiki Kaisha. Its name was changed to Kyocera Kabushiki Kaisha (or Kyocera Corporation) in 1982. Our corporate headquarters is at 6 Takeda Tobadono-cho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-8501, Japan. Our telephone number is +81-75-604-3500. Our business originally consisted of the manufacture of ceramic parts for electronic equipment. In the 1960s, we expanded our business and technology horizontally into the design and production of fine ceramic parts, ceramic integrated circuit (IC) packages and electronic components. In the 1970s, we began to produce applied ceramic products, including cutting tools, ceramic parts for medical and dental uses, jewelry and solar energy products. In the 1980s, we diversified into new strategic fields. ... More ...