Edit Symbol List
Enter up to 25 symbols separated by commas or spaces in the text box below. These symbols will be available during your session for use on applicable pages.
Don't know the stock symbol? Use the symbol lookup tool.
Alphabetize the sort order of my symbols
Investing just got easier…
Sign up now to become a NASDAQ.com member and begin receiving instant notifications when key events occur that affect the stocks you follow.Access Now X
Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
The Company is a federally-chartered corporation that was organized on March 30, 2001 for the purpose of being a holding company for Kearny Federal Savings Bank (the “Bank”), a federally-chartered stock savings bank. On February 23, 2005, the Company completed a minority stock offering in which it sold 21,821,250 shares, representing 30% of its outstanding common stock upon completion of the offering. The remaining 70% of the outstanding common stock, totaling 50,916,250 shares, were retained by Kearny MHC (the “MHC”). The MHC is a federally-chartered mutual holding company and so long as the MHC is in existence, it will at all times own a majority of the outstanding common stock of the Company. The stock repurchase programs conducted by the Company since the offering have reduced the total number of shares outstanding. The 50,916,250 shares held by the MHC represented 76.6% of the 66,500,740 total shares outstanding as of the Company’s June 30, 2013 fiscal year end. ... More ...