Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
Our Company began in 1945 under the name Dixie Supply Company in Florence, Alabama. Although we initially specialized primarily in the marine and small aircraft business, by 1960 we were solely in the sporting goods business. In 1965, we opened our second store, Dyess & Hibbett Sporting Goods, in Huntsville, Alabama, and hired Mickey Newsome, who is now our current Executive Chairman of the Board. The following year, we opened another sporting goods store in Birmingham and by the end of 1980, we had 12 stores in central and northwest Alabama with a distribution center located in Birmingham and our central accounting office in Florence. We became a public company in October 1996 when we had 79 stores and were incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware as Hibbett Sporting Goods, Inc. We incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware as Hibbett Sports, Inc. in January 2007, and on February 10, 2007, Hibbett Sports, Inc. ... More ...