Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
First West Virginia Bancorp, Inc. (the “ Company”), was organized as a West Virginia business corporation on July 1, 1973 at the request of the Boards of Directors of the Bank of Warwood, N.A. and Community Savings Bank, N.A. for the purpose of becoming a bank holding company, under the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956, as amended. On December 30, 1974 the shareholders of those banks voted to become constituent banks of the Company, which reorganization was subsequently accomplished in accordance with regulatory procedure, and the Company thus became the first bank holding company in the State of West Virginia. Those banks later merged on June 30, 1984 under the name “First West Virginia Bank, N.A.” In November, 1995, the subsidiary banks of the Holding Company adopted the Common Name of “Progressive Bank, N.A.” At December 31, 2012, First West Virginia Bancorp, Inc. had one wholly-owned banking subsidiary, Progressive Bank, N.A. in Wheeling, West Virginia. ... More ...