Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
The First Bancorp, Inc. (the “Company”) was incorporated under the laws of the State of Maine on January 15, 1985, for the purpose of becoming the parent holding company of The First National Bank of Damariscotta, which was chartered as a national bank under the laws of the United States on May 30, 1864. At the Company’s Annual Meeting of Shareholders on April 30, 2008, the Company’s name was changed from First National Lincoln Corporation to The First Bancorp, Inc. On January 14, 2005, the acquisition of FNB Bankshares (“FNB”) of Bar Harbor, Maine, was completed, adding seven banking offices and one investment management office in Hancock and Washington counties of Maine. FNB’s subsidiary, The First National Bank of Bar Harbor, was merged into The First National Bank of Damariscotta at closing, and since January 31, 2005, the combined banks have operated under a new name: The First, N.A. (the “Bank”). ... More ...