Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
Capital Southwest Corporation ("CSW") was organized as a Texas corporation on April 19, 1961. Until September 1969, we operated as a licensee under the Small Business Investment Act of 1958. At that time, CSW transferred to our wholly-owned subsidiary, Capital Southwest Venture Corporation ("CSVC"), certain assets and our license as a small business investment company ("SBIC"). CSVC is a closed-end, non-diversified investment company registered under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended (the "1940 Act"). Prior to March 30, 1988, CSW was registered as a closed-end, non-diversified investment company under the 1940 Act. On that date, we elected to become a business development company ("BDC") subject to the provisions of the 1940 Act, as amended by the Small Business Incentive Act of 1980. Because CSW wholly owns CSVC, the portfolios of CSW and CSVC are referred to collectively as "our," "we" and "us. ... More ...