Company Description (as filed with the SEC)
The Bank of South Carolina (the “Bank”) was organized on October 22, 1986 and opened for business as a state-chartered financial institution on February 26, 1987, in Charleston, South Carolina. The Bank was reorganized into a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of South Carolina Corporation (the “Company”), effective April 17, 1995. At the time of the reorganization, each outstanding share of the Bank was exchanged for two shares of Bank of South Carolina Corporation Stock. The Company operates as a commercial bank from its four banking house locations. The four banking house locations include: 256 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 100 North Main Street, Summerville, SC, 1337 Chuck Dawley Boulevard, Mt. Pleasant, SC and 2027 Sam Rittenberg Boulevard, Charleston, SC. The Company (“BKSC”) is publicly traded on the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ), and is under the reporting authority of the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). ... More ...