Summary Stock Quotes
The Summary Quote page provides an overall summary of the key data points commonly viewed for a stock.
As of 12/17/2013 4:00:01 PMMost Active Share Volume
|Symbol||Last Sale*||Change / Net %||Share Volume|
Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
|$ 3.415||0.10 2.84%||94,948,197|
|$ 54.86||1.05 1.95%||75,056,827|
|$ 10.92||0.04 0.36%||54,846,876|
Frontier Communications Corporation
|$ 4.78||0.38 8.64%||48,069,501|
|$ 36.52||0.37 0.99%||44,977,879|
About the Summary Quote Page
The Summary Page provides a means by which stocks may be quoted on a single page similar to the InfoQuotes, but by navigating through a symbol list in the quote specific navigation and data entry box. This list is user definable and may be added to and updated at any time. The quote data is provided to the user in a single column with the most important and frequently accessed information presented first. An intraday chart for the security along with volume data is also provided at the bottom of the display.
- Company Name
- The company name as registered with the listing exchange.
- Last Sale Price
- The price at which a stock last traded as reported by the exchange, delayed by 15 to 20 minutes. Quoted in dollars and cents.
- Net Change
- The difference in the current last sale price and the previous day's official closing price.
- Percentage Change
- That amount in percentage terms that the last sale price for the stock has changed from the previous trading day's official closing price.
- Best Bid
- The highest price currently being offered for a block of stock.
- Best Ask
- The lowest price currently being asked for a block of stock.
- Today's High
- The highest sales price the stock has achieved during the regular trading hours, the intra-day high.
- Today's Low
- The lowest sales price the stock has fallen to during the regular trading hours, the intra-day low.
- Share Volume
- The number of shares of the stock traded on the listing exchange during current trading hours. It does not include after hours volume.
- Previous Close
- The previous trading day's last reported trade price during official trading hours. This information is updated on our site at 3:30 AM each morning after the previous trading day.
- 52 Week High
- The highest sales price the stock has achieved during the regular trading hours during the most recent 52 week period.
- 52 Week Low
- The lowest sales price the stock has fallen to during the regular trading hours during the most recent 52 week period.
- Total shares outstanding, as published with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Market Cap
- The market capitalization; the price per share multiplied by the total number of shares outstanding; also interpreted as the market's total valuation of a public company at the moment of the last trade.
- P/E Ratio
- A statistic calculated by dividing the price of a stock by the reported actual earnings per share of the issuing firm (not the same as the projected P/E ratio); it is also called the "multiple".
- Earnings Per Share
- This value represents the portion of a company's profit allocated to each outstanding share of common stock. It is usually reported for the quarter and for the year.
Why Investors CareInvestors wish to see at a glance how the stock is trading during the day. The Summary Quote also provides detailed analysis data for an issue from a short list that can be maintained by the user.
15 - 20 minute delay.
- Atlantic Express Receives Nearly $20 Million in Bids
- Canada’s Indigenous First Nations Threaten $600 Billion in Energy Deals
- Study: Arimidex Halves Breast Cancer Occurrence In High-Risk Women
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica (ERJ) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for December 17, 2013
- Lockheed Martin Board Elects Marillyn Hewson Chairman - Quick Facts
Rated stocks for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX