Revenue and EPS Summary
Revenue and Earnings Per Share (EPS) are the heart of the fundamental analysis of a company's worth. The Revenue and EPS Summary provides the Revenue, EPS and Dividends of a company by year and quarter for the past three years, on a single page.
As of 12/7/2013 1:30:14 AMToday's Most Viewed Summaries
|Symbol||Last Sale*||Change / Net %||Share Volume|
United Online, Inc.
|$ 13.85||0.15 1.07%||424,327|
|$ 560.02||7.88 1.39%||12,297,736|
|$ 168.71||1.35 0.81%||3,671,865|
Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America Corporation
|$ 15.56||0.13 0.84%||92,192,764|
Limelight Networks, Inc.
|$ 1.97||0.01 0.51%||472,210|
About the Revenue and EPS Summary Page
Changes in EPS and Revenue are arguably the single most important factors influencing share price. The NASDAQ Revenue and EPS Summary provides the Revenue, EPS and Dividends of a company by year and quarter for the past three years, on a single page. This allows investors to quickly and easily compare these important financial numbers, quarter-to-quarter, and year-to-year.
- EPS represents the portion of a company's profit allocated to each outstanding share of common stock. The Net Income, for a quarter, is divided by the total number of shares outstanding during that quarter. The Revenue and EPS Summary page uses Diluted Earnings Per Share (diluted EPS). Diluted EPS factors in possible share dilution from stock options, convertible warrants and preferred stock. Read the full Earnings Per Share definition.
- Distribution of earnings to shareholders, prorated by the class of security and paid in the form of money, stock, scrip, or rarely, company products or property. The amount is decided by the Board of Directors and is usually paid quarterly. The Revenue and EPS Summary page only reports the dividend for cash and is adjusted for stock dividends (i.e., stock splits).
|Q:||What is the source of the data?|
|A:||Edgar Online hosts the page and they gather the data from the SEC filings (typically the 10Q and 10K).|
|Q:||I know there was a quarterly announcement. Why isn�t it available?|
|A:||This page is updated when Edgar Online has processed the filings with the SEC.|
Why Investors Care
Changes in Revenue and EPS are the single most important factors in the long-term price of a company's stock. Growing revenues and EPS often lead to appreciation in share price. Savvy investors may compare EPS and Revenue from one year�s quarter to the same quarter in the following year, to compute quarter-to-quarter EPS and Revenue growth. It is also common to compare sequential quarters of EPS and Revenue growth. This data is the heart of the fundamental analysis of a company's worth.
- Spindle Signs Agreement With edo Interactive, Expanding MeNetwork's Mobile Marketing Services to Include Card-Linked Offers
- Atlantic Express Receives Final Access to $53.5 Million Loan
- Spindle Announces General Availability of MeNetwork360 Mobile Commerce and Marketing Application
- The Young Want Twitter and Snapchat, While The Old Are Buying Microsoft and Exxon Mobil
Rated stocks for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX