Top Business Competitors
This page returns a table of a company�s business competitors based on the Security Industry Code. The number of issues returned will vary based on the number of competitors in that group.
As of 12/20/2013 4:00:04 PMMost Active Share Volume
|Symbol||Last Sale*||Change / Net %||Share Volume|
|$ 55.12||0.07 0.13%||155,084,357|
ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
|$ 6.43||0.91 16.49%||145,361,605|
|$ 7.22||0.97 15.52%||132,338,523|
Sirius XM Holdings Inc.
|$ 3.52||0.09 2.62%||78,414,456|
Cisco Systems, Inc.
|$ 21.12||0.05 0.24%||57,840,817|
About the View Competitors Page
The table presented is sorted by Market Capitalization in descending order and shows key company statistics for each stock.
- Company Name
- The company name as registered with the listing exchange.
- Last Sale Price
- The price at which a stock last traded as reported by the exchange, delayed by 15 to 20 minutes. Quoted in dollars and cents.
- Net Change
- The difference in the current last sale price and the previous day�s official closing price.
- Percentage Change
- That amount in percentage terms that the last sale price for the stock has changed from the previous trading day�s official closing price.
- Share Volume
- The number of shares of the stock traded on the listing exchange during current trading hours. It does not include after hours volume.
- Today�s High
- The highest sales price the stock has achieved during the regular trading hours, the intra-day high.
- Today�s Low
- The lowest sales price the stock has fallen to during the regular trading hours, the intra-day low.
- 52 Week High
- The highest sales price the stock has achieved during the regular trading hours during the most recent 52 week period.
- 52 Week Low
- The lowest sales price the stock has fallen to during the regular trading hours during the most recent 52 week period.
- P/E Ratio
- A statistic calculated by dividing the price of a stock by the reported actual earnings per share of the issuing firm (not the same as the projected P/E ratio); it is also called the multiple.
- Market Cap
- The market capitalization; the price per share multiplied by the total number of shares outstanding; also interpreted as the market�s total valuation of a public company at the moment of the last trade.
Why Investors Care
Investors are often interested in how other companies in the same market sector are performing. Their company may be a sector leader or follower, and seeing how other companies in the sector are performing relative to a company often points to other investment opportunities within the same sector, or confirms a stock within the sector. The economy often tends to favor a sector or group of sectors at any one time.
Rated stocks for NASDAQ, NYSE and AMEX