CHICAGO, July 31, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SP Plus Corporation (Nasdaq:SP), a leading national provider of parking, ground transportation and related products, today announced several contract awards for its SP+ Municipal Services and SP+ GAMEDAY operating groups and its USA Parking System subsidiary. The deals include awards from the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation, the City of Oakland, Calif., the Pontiac Downtown Business Association, the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, the City of Mountain View, Calif., the Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee, and the Ritz-Carlton and Hilton hotel chains.
Details of these awards:
- SP+ Municipal Services was awarded a multi-year contract by the City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation to manage the parking operation at the prestigious Hollywood and Highland mixed-use complex. The complex, which contains 640,000 square feet of retail space, is home to the Chinese Theatre, Loews Hollywood Hotel and 75 retail stores, and since 2001 its Dolby Theatre has hosted the Oscar ceremony. The six-level parking facility, with over 3,000 spaces, includes valet, self-park and monthly parking supporting the complex and the surrounding businesses. The location will also use SP+'s proprietary Click and Park® online parking reservation and prepayment system to maximize revenues.
The City of Oakland, Calif. awarded a multi-year contract to manage 15 parking facilities to a joint venture established by SP+ Municipal Services. The deal involves 7 parking facilities and 8 surface lots that comprise more than 4,000 parking spaces throughout the city. The Company has been operating 2 of the 15 facilities pursuant to a prior agreement.
- The Pontiac Downtown Business Association, in Pontiac, Mich., awarded SP+ Municipal Services management of its on-street parking operations. Under the terms of the multi-year deal, SP+ will install new pay stations and single-space meters in the city's central business district. The Company will begin operations in late summer 2014.
- The Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) awarded SP+ GAMEDAY a contract to manage over 750 off-street spaces in San Jose and Milipitas, Calif. These lots, designed by the VTA to alleviate traffic congestion associated with the newly built Levi's Stadium in neighboring Santa Clara, offer easy access to VTA light rail and bus system. The parking operation will use the Company's Click and Park® engine to enable parkers to reserve and pre-pay for their parking spaces.
The City of Mountain View, Calif. awarded SP+ GAMEDAY a contract to operate and manage four city garages containing more than 550 parking spaces. The parking facilities are easily accessible to public transportation and to patrons of nearby Levi's Stadium. This parking operation also will use the Company's Click and Park® online parking reservation and prepayment system. More information about the City of Mountain View's stadium parking program can be found at www.mountainview.gov.
- SP+ GAMEDAY has been awarded a transport consulting contract by the Qatar 2022 Supreme Committee relating to the ground transportation operations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup matches to be held in Doha. The contract includes analysis of the public transport system in conjunction with the development of tournament transport requirements.
USA Parking System was awarded a multi-year contract to manage the parking and valet operation at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage in Palm Springs, Calif. This premier resort property, with its 244 guest rooms, represents the 20th Ritz-Carlton property in the USA Parking System operations portfolio. Operations commenced mid-May.
- The Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico, a recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award, selected USA Parking System to operate and manage the resort's 520 off-street parking spaces. The Company commenced its duties under the multi-year parking and valet contract in May.
James A. Wilhelm, the Company's Chief Executive Officer, stated, "We are very excited about all of these awards, which reflect well on the professionalism, expertise and commitment of our municipal, large venue and hospitality teams. We appreciate the confidence our clients have placed in us through these awards, and our operating teams now are focused on delivering the highest service levels possible in all facets of our performance."
SP Plus Corporation(Nasdaq:SP) provides professional parking, ground transportation, facility maintenance, security and event logistics services to property owners and managers in all markets of the real estate industry. The Company has more than 23,000 employees. Its Standard Parking and Central Parking brands operate more than 4,200 parking facilities with over 2.1 million parking spaces in hundreds of cities across North America, including parking-related and shuttle bus operations serving more than 75 airports. USA Parking System, a wholly owned subsidiary, is one of the premier valet operators in the nation with more four and five diamond luxury properties, including hotels and resorts, than any other valet competitor. Its ground transportation division transports over 34 million passengers each year; its facility maintenance division operates in dozens of U.S. cities; and its security subsidiary provides licensed security services in six states. The Company also provides a wide range of event logistics services. For more information, visit http://spplus.com.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT:
Michael K. Wolf
Executive Vice President
Source: SP Plus Corporation