New Features Reduce Time to Market for Developers
MILPITAS, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/28/14 --
Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ:SIGM), a leading provider of intelligent system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for Smart TV, Smart home and IP-based set-top-boxes (STBs), today announced a new feature-rich SDK for its 500 Series chips and modules to further enhance Z-Wave's primary position in the rapidly growing wireless home control market. The Z-Wave installed base has over 25 million interoperable products from market-leading manufacturers world-wide who have adopted Z-Wave for its persistent laser focus on residential and light commercial device control, and its mature hardware and development tools.
The 6.51.03 release of the SDK fully enables the advanced functionality found in Sigma Designs 500 Series SoC platform and includes:
- Z-Wave Plus Application Framework : A robust library of field-proven source code that further improves the already industry-leading cost and time to market advantages of Z-Wave technology, allowing developers to focus on products and applications by dedicating less time to lower-level coding. Z-Wave Plus Application framework also provides fully-realized device sample code which is fully interoperable with existing and future Z-Wave based products.
- Installation and Maintenance Application (IMA): A set of sample code and APIs that are optimized for querying and monitoring network performance and health. These new tools make it easy for developers to build sophisticated network health and robustness indicators as well as built-in self-test and remote maintenance capabilities, reducing the need for truck rolls and simplifying repairs.
- Over-the-Wire Firmware update via Serial API (OTW): This feature enhances the SerialAPI firmware update by adding UART firmware update through SerialAPI for devices that exclusively use the Z-Wave Serial API.
- Multi-Channel Beaming: Battery saving FLiRs (Frequently Listening Routing Slave) beaming capabilities on all three RF channels increases the communication efficiency of this battery saving technique in multi-channel environments.
- RF regulatory support for operation in Republic of Korea.
"The momentum for the Internet of Things has led to explosive growth of the home control market, and we are constantly looking for ways to create a faster and easier route for developers to get to market," said Raoul Wijgergangs, Vice President of Sigma Designs' Z-Wave Business Line. "This new SDK delivers a quantum leap for Z-Wave 500 series hardware developers, as the tools provided minimize the need for custom coding and reduce errors, even for first-time developers."
The 6.51.03 release is now available to all Z-Wave technology licensees. For more information Sigma Designs' industry-leading 500 Series RF transceiver platforms and development kits, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter: @sigma_designs
Join us on LinkedIn: sigma-designs.com
About Sigma Designs
Sigma Designs, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGM) is a world leader in connected media platforms. The company designs and builds the essential semiconductor technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's leading IPTV set-top boxes, DTV, connected media players, residential gateways, home control systems and more. For more information about Sigma Designs, please visit www.sigmadesigns.com.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements about the anticipated features, benefits, capabilities and performance of Sigma Designs' products and solutions, specifically Sigma Designs' 500 series SoC and module. The following factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statement including but not limited to: general economic conditions, including the rate of adoption of Sigma Designs' 500 series SoC and module, Sigma's ability to deploy and achieve market acceptance for Sigma Designs' 500 series SoC and other products in its target markets, changes in technology, and other risks that are detailed from time to time in Sigma Designs'SEC reports, including its annual report on Form 10-K. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. Sigma Designs undertakes no obligation to publicly release or otherwise disclose the result of any revision to these forward-looking statements that may be made as a result of events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Source: Sigma Designs, Inc.