By Market Wire, October 08, 2013, 09:47:00 AM EDT
Ingram Micro Mobility Expands to LATAM, Provides Customers Unique Channel Reach
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 10/08/13 --
Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE:IM), the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in the IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions, announced today its extensive IT distribution and sales channel network in Latin America (LATAM) now offers a full suite of wireless device lifecycle services via Ingram Micro Mobility. The expansion of mobility lifecycle services reaches more than 40 LATAM countries and provides a full suite of end-to-end supply chain and customization solutions to manufacturers, retailers, network operators, resellers and existing Ingram Micro customers. Ingram Micro is the largest wholesale exporter in Miami, with a customer base of more than 20,000 value-added resellers (VARs) and retailers throughout LATAM, covering both business-to-business and business-to-consumer operations.
"Ingram Micro Mobility delivers improved efficiencies, lowers costs and adds unique value to every link of the mobility supply chain," said Anthony Mackle, acting president, Ingram Micro Mobility LATAM. "With our mobility expertise and comprehensive LATAM IT distribution and sales channels, we are now providing customers with a whole new set of higher-value market opportunities. Since the LATAM market is expecting a double-digit increase in premium phone sales next year, the timing couldn't be better."
In addition to a full complement of distribution services, Ingram Micro Mobility offers five distinct services designed for every phase of the device lifecycle:
- Plan - Improving accuracy in predicting concise inventory levels throughout the supply chain, limiting Days' Inventory on Hand and reducing stock outages, with ongoing performance reviews and business reporting.
- Market - Creating demand and accessing sales channels to help customers procure optimal product mix, launch and promotion within multiple sales channels, and financing services to accelerate and protect customer revenue.
- Customize - Preparing and enabling devices for market by programming, branding, kitting and connecting them to networks.
- Move - Delivering devices when and where needed by optimizing freight logistics, extensive fulfillment options and dedicated customer support.
- Recover - Extracting the most value from recovered devices through a secure return system that facilitates repair, recycling and device reselling.
For more information on Ingram Micro Mobility, visit mobility.ingrammicro.com.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
Ingram Micro is the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in IT supply-chain, mobile device lifecycle services and logistics solutions. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics and mobile solutions, technical support, financial services and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving approximately 160 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com.
Ingram Micro Mobility is a leading provider of device lifecycle services, providing complete lifecycle capabilities from basic warehousing to software loading, order and accounts receivable management to end-user fulfillment, and reverse logistics, including wireless device repair, refurbishment and recycling services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com/mobility.
For More Information Contact:
Source: Ingram Micro Inc.