|Back to main|
Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL): Option volume 4,483 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the quarterly dividend. A similar trade also occurred in Procter & Gamble (PG), where option volume was 3,091 percent above average.
First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): Option volume 3,325 percent above average. An investor sold 4,800 March 40 puts for and bought 7,200 puts, looking for a major selloff. FCFS rose 1.62 percent to $43.36.
Hospira (HSP): Option volume 2,784 percent above average. Investors sold calls and puts after the stock fell on a weak earnings report. HSP dropped 21 percent to $29.51.
AsiaInfo Linkage (ASIA): Option volume 2,724 percent above average. The January 7 puts and January 12 calls traded against open interest, apparently the closing of a bullish position. ASIA rose 1.52 percent to $10.03.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- QEP Resources (QEP): Option volume 1,750 percent above average.
- Approach Resources (AREX): Option volume 1,747 percent above average.
- Tekelec (TKLC): Option volume 1,601 percent above average.
- Thomas & Betts (TNB): Option volume 1,425 percent above average.
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE): Option volume 1,362 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )