Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Merrill Lynch Regional Bank HOLDRS ETF (RKH): Option volume 2,280 percent above average. Investors sold more than 7,000 September 76 puts for $1.91 to $1.97, looking for the fund to hold its ground. RKH rose 1.75 percent to $78.28.
Dynavax Technologies (DVAX): Option volume 2,107 percent above average. Investors sold about 4,000 January 2.50 calls for $0.50 to $0.65. DVAX fell 19 percent to $2.56.
Freescale Semiconductor (FSL): Option volume 1,812 percent above average. Investors bought the September 15 puts and the December 12.50 puts, positioning for downside. FSL rose 0.29 percent to $17.19.
PharMerica (PMC): Option volume 1,538 percent above average. There was buying in the March 15 calls and selling in the December 15 calls. PMC rise 0.14 percent to $13.84.
Oncothyreon (ONTY): Option volume 1,496 percent above average. Investors bought the February 15 calls and the August 10 calls. ONTY soared 15 percent to $10.20.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Quepasa (QPSA): Option volume 1,496 percent above average.
- InterDigital (IDCC): Option volume 1,327 percent above average.
- Clorox (CLX): Option volume 1,212 percent above average.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): Option volume 1,209 percent above average.
- E*Trade Financial (ETFC): Option volume 1,187 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)