Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
iShares MSCI Malaysia (EWM): Option volume 5,652 percent above average. An investor bought 20,000 November 14 calls for $0.25, looking for upside. EWM rose 1.84 percent to $13.26.
Darling International (DAR): Option volume 3,038 percent above average. Investors sold the January 10 puts and the January 12.50 puts, looking for shares to hold their ground. DAR fell 1 percent to $12.87.
HSN (HSNI): Option volume 2,258 percent above average. More than 5,000 December 40 calls were sold for $0.95 to $1 as investors looked to earn income. HSNI fell 0.87 percent to $34.05.
Approach Resources (AREX): Option volume 2,019 percent above average. A long position in the January 22.50 calls was rolled to the January 30 strike. AREX rose 7.10 percent to $22.62.
Liz Claiborne (LIZ): Option volume 1,743 percent above average. There was a mix of activity after the shares leapt on a divestiture plan. LIZ rose 34 percent to $6.84.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty (BPT): Option volume 1,610 percent above average.
- Superior Energy (SPN): Option volume 1,292 percent above average.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): Option volume 980 percent above average.
- Hercules Offshore (HERO): Option volume 973 percent above average.
- Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF): Option volume 887 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )