As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPDI): Option volume 4,260
percent above average. About 11,000 January 30 calls were sold and
an equal number of January 32.50 calls were bought as an investor
bet that upside will be limited. PPDI rose 0.40 percent to $32.37.
Accenture (ACN): Option volume 2,761 percent above average. Call
activity surged as investors looked to reap the stock's quarterly
dividend. Similar activity also appeared in Abbott Laboratories
(ABT), where total option volume was 1,658 percent above average.
Dynegy (DYN): Option volume 2,606 percent above average. Investors
bought the October 4 calls, the November 4 calls and the November 3
puts, looking for movement in the shares. DYN rose 6.35 percent to
Seabridge Gold (SA): Option volume 1,272 percent above average.
About 9,000 November 23 calls were bought for $1.40 to $2.50 as
investors positioned for upside. SA rose 9.02 percent to $23.93.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- 99 Cents Stores (NDN): Option volume 1,262 percent above
- Targacept (TRGT): Option volume 1,219 percent above
- Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 1,059 percent above
- Harmony Gold (HMY): Option volume 1,051 percent above
- Rydex Currencyshares British Pound (FXB): Option volume 1,031
percent above average.