|Back to main|
Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPDI): Option volume 4,260 percent above average. About 11,000 January 30 calls were sold and an equal number of January 32.50 calls were bought as an investor bet that upside will be limited. PPDI rose 0.40 percent to $32.37.
Accenture (ACN): Option volume 2,761 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the stock's quarterly dividend. Similar activity also appeared in Abbott Laboratories (ABT), where total option volume was 1,658 percent above average.
Dynegy (DYN): Option volume 2,606 percent above average. Investors bought the October 4 calls, the November 4 calls and the November 3 puts, looking for movement in the shares. DYN rose 6.35 percent to $3.85.
Seabridge Gold (SA): Option volume 1,272 percent above average. About 9,000 November 23 calls were bought for $1.40 to $2.50 as investors positioned for upside. SA rose 9.02 percent to $23.93.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- 99 Cents Stores (NDN): Option volume 1,262 percent above average.
- Targacept (TRGT): Option volume 1,219 percent above average.
- Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 1,059 percent above average.
- Harmony Gold (HMY): Option volume 1,051 percent above average.
- Rydex Currencyshares British Pound (FXB): Option volume 1,031 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )