As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
KBW Bank Index (BKX): Option volume 1,622 percent above average. A
block of 9,000 November 41 calls traded for $0.60 and $0.65. BKX
rose 5.29 percent to $36.85.
NovaGold (NG): Option volume 1,395 percent above average. Investors
bought about 50,000 January 7.50 calls for $0.85 to $0.90. NG rose
6.74 percent to $7.28.
MELA Sciences (MELA): Option volume 1,285 percent above average.
Investors bought and sold calls and puts as the stock ripped
higher. MELA rose 55 percent to $4.93.
Buckle (BKE): Option volume 1,169 percent above average. An
investor bought the December 40 puts and sold the December 37.50
puts, looking for downside. BKE rose 4.94 percent to $39.50.
BorgWarner (BWA): Option volume 1,058 percent above average. An
investor sold the October 50 puts and bought the October 70 calls,
looking for upside. BWA fell 1.24 percent to $59.15.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Option volume 1,037 percent
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): Option volume 1,036
percent above average.
- Dollar Thrifty Automotive (DTG): Option volume 772 percent
- United Online (UNTD): Option volume 672 percent above
- TCF Financial (TCB): Option volume 646 percent above