|Back to main|
Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Philadelphia SE Oil Service Index (OSX): Option volume 2,837 percent above average. Positions in the December 180 puts and the December 200 puts were rolled to the December 150 puts and December 170 puts. OSX rose 3.47 percent to $188.34.
Affymetrix (AFFX): Option volume 1,561 percent above average. About 3,800 November 5 puts were bought for $0.60 against existing open interest. AFFX rose 9.92 percent to $5.21.
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL): Option volume 1,238 percent above average. About 1,500 October 27.50 puts were sold against existing open interest. CMTL rose 2.79 percent to $27.97.
Omnicare (OCR): Option volume 1,192 percent above average. More than 2,000 November 23 puts were bought as investors positioned for downside. OCR fell 12 percent to $21.62,
TCF Financial (TCB): Option volume 1,177 percent above average. The January 9 puts and the October 12 puts traded heavily against existing open interest. TCB rose 5.23 percent to $9.25.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- Interactive Brokers (IBKR): Option volume 1,142 percent above average.
- PharMerica (PMC): Option volume 1,109 percent above average.
- United Online (UNTD): Option volume 894 percent above average.
- Dish Network (DISH): Option volume 879 percent above average.
- Tenneco (TEN): Option volume 851 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )